Section 1: Updating your Uconnect Software
The Uconnect Software must be updated prior to completing your map update. Vehicles with Uconnect 8.4A (RA3) or 8.4AN (RA4) will receive an over-the-air software update if it is not running the latest version of software.
NOTE: This is a software update, not the map update. Your vehicle may have already received this software update – you can confirm at the link below.
To update your software:
- Visit this website to check if your system needs a software update: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
- If an update is required, follow the instructions first, before purchasing your map update (instructions below).
- If you see this screen, you can proceed with purchasing a map update (you will not need to update your software):
Section 2: Purchasing Your Map Update:
Follow instructions below to determine which navigation system you have. Please ensure you select the correct system or you will receive the wrong map update product and could damage your system:
- While in your vehicle with the key, turn the ignition to the RUN/ON position. Turn the Uconnect touchscreen ON
- Open Settings Menu
- Select the Settings button
- Scroll down and select System Information option at the bottom of the list
- In the 'Map Database' line - look for your system code. It is either VP3 or VP4:
- If you have a VP3 System, as shown in Option 1, click on the ‘View Product’ button below to purchase a map update
- If you have a VP4 System, as shown in Option 2, click on ‘View Product’ button below to purchase a map update