STEP 1: CHECK YOUR UCONNECT SOFTWARE
Before you purchase the map update, take a quick moment to make sure your vehicle has the lastest Uconnect software (note: This is a software update, not the map update)
Check the Software Version of your System (if your software is NOT at the minimum level below - installing the map update could damage your system):
- Turn your vehicle on and press the following in this order:
- 'Apps' icon at bottom of screen
- 'Settings' then 'System Information'
- You will see the 'System Information' screen. Take a picture of this entire screen as you will also need it for STEP 2. (You can also Print this page to write down your info)
- United States systems: 18.45.01 or higher
- Canada Systems: 17.43.01 or higher
YES? You are all set and no software update is needed! Proceed to STEP 2.
NO? Have your VIN ready and click HERE to get your software update from Uconnect. Once completed, go to STEP 2 to purchase your update.
-If you need software - please get the software first and ensure it is installed PRIOR to ordering your map update.
STEP 2: PURCHASING YOUR MAP UPDATE
You're almost done! Confirm which navigation system you have so you can purchase the correct map update for your vehicle.
- Using the 'System Information' screen you captured in STEP 1, look carefully at the Map Database line.
- This line will include either 'VP3' or 'VP4.' Click on the 'View Product' button (VP3 or VP4) below that matches your Map Database line to order your map update.